Friday 15 February 2013

Cutting the Sound Files (13/02/13)


Today, myself and Lewis met up to start cutting up the sound clips that we had been for our project, Night Journey, and putting them into sub-clips.

I started off doing this by listening to the sound clips and then setting in and out points (using the I and O buttons my keyboard) every time a clip started and finished and also, most of the time there would be a lady telling me what each clip was after she had recorded it. After setting the in and out points, I would create a sub clip of the clip, using the shortcut Command + U. When it came to renaming the file, I would use the most sensible file name, normally calling it what the lady had told me it was and also adding some of my own information.


As I did with the video clips that I cut up, I created bins for the audio files to go in and labeled them:
  • Audio rushes 1 subclips
  • Audio rushes 2 subclips
  •  Narration subclips

This helped me to keep the files organized so if I ever do need to go back to the original file, I will know which file is was from and where in the file is came from.

When it came to cutting up the narration clips, I used the script through to help me. I came up with a sensible file name to follow for all of the clips. The file name template I came up with was:

Narrator , P X (X = PAGE NUMBER), B X (X = Block Number), T X (X = Take Number)

This file name template would help me greatly when it comes to finding specific parts of the script because I know know the page number and then which block of text it was in the script so I can easily find that piece of dialogue in the clips.


Overall, I am happy with how we managed to cut all of the files down and create sub-clips with them and I am now ready to start the assembly of the project and the rough cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment