Tuesday 23 April 2013

Out O' Date - Choosing a Scene and Labelling the Clips (23/04/13)

Tonight, I wanted to choose the scene that I would be editing for my third brief, Out O' Date. I read through the script that I had been provided with and decided that I wanted to create the opening scene to the film. I chose this scene because the opening of a film sets what the film is going to be about and opens the story and I also thought that the scene looked like it would be a good scene to edit as it was funny and in some places, challenging.

I then went through all of the footage that I had been supplied with and found all of the footage for this scene. I opened Final Cut Pro and created a project file for this project. I then imported all of the footage and started labelling it. I wanted to keep the clips in the order that they had been filmed in so at the beginning of each filename I put a number, which would follow the previous clip. I then want to include the scene number, the shot number and the take number and then following that I would have a description of the shot, including the shot type. The format I would be using for the labelling would look something like:

01 - * S1/S1/T1 - Long Shot - Crane - Man putting banner over the door

I also used the * symbol for two of the shots because there was no sound recorded on these shots, which were shot one and two.

Whilst renaming the clips, I also labelled them with a colour to tell me whether the shot was a bad take, good take or perfect take. The colours that I used for this were:

  • Red - Bad Take
  • Green - Perfect Take
  • Orange - Good Take

After labelling all of the footage, I saved the project and decided that it would be best for me to leave the project for tonight and get on with it first thing in the morning and spend the entire day editing it. I am looking forward to getting on with the edit as the scene looks like it will be a nice scene to edit and I can't wait to see what it turns out like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment