Tuesday 30 April 2013

Rock Climbing Documentary - Final Changes (30/04/13)

Today, myself and Lewis met to go through the feedback that we received for out Rock Climbing Documentary and make the final changes to the film before exporting it ready to hand in on Friday. The first change that I made to the piece was a fade between two shots because originally the wind came in very fast and was very noticeable. In the end, I cut the beginning section of the audio out that had the wind in it and dragged the audio from the clip before into it's place, making the transition a lot smoother and less noticeable. I added a crossfade in between the shots and made sure it was as smooth as I could get it.



The second change I made was in the same section as the previous change, and was to slightly change the cut of the music. Originally, the music cut and the beats of the music could still be heard during the fade out. I wanted to remove these beats and make the fade out a lot smooth so I removed the end of the clip and made the start of the clip longer to keep the length of the clip the same length. 



The last major change that I did to the piece was changing the structure of the film. Originally, we had two endings to the film, the first ending was the interview with the climber and then we cut onto another scene showing the climber bouldering again. I wanted to make the film end on the interview so I decided to try and move the end bouldering section into the centre of the film. The original structure of the film was the bedroom scene, then the bouldering scene, then the rock climbing and then back to bouldering. I wanted to move the end bouldering scene to just after the first bouldering scene to make it follow on. This worked very well and meant that the film could end on the interview after the climber had been rock climbing. 


As shown in the screenshot above, the shot of the climber sat against the wall with the snow in the foreground was overexposed. I wanted to try and solve this problem by changing the brightness and contrast. This didn't make the snow less exposed however, I did manage to get the colour in the shot to stand out a lot more and make the shot look nicer. 

Finally, before exporting the film, I went through the entire sequence and added audio crossfades to all of the shots to make sure that I could eliminate all of the clips and pops between each shot. After doing this and making sure that the sound was good, I exported the film ready to add to a DVD once I had finished my comedy film. 




No comments:

Post a Comment