Thursday 2 May 2013

Week Twelve - Out O' Date Feedback (02/05/13)

In today's session, we were looking at our comedy edit films and getting feedback on them. We first started off by filling in the module feedback forms whilst we all copied our films onto the shared folder, ready to watch on the big screen.

Some of the feedback that Chris gave to other people's films that I should check on my film was:
  • There should be some sound of the car entering the car park on the first close up of Alf
  • There should be a wild track underneath the entire film to make the sound run smoother
  • In the sound design, there could be bird song, lorries going past, a lorry beeping as it reverses
  • Make sure the lady doesn't start laughing during her line as she walks inside
  • Add a sound effect when Alf is kneed

When it was my turn to show my film to the class, I was very happy with it apart from one part that I didn't notice whilst editing with the headphones on. The very last line from the lady as she's at the front door, I could hear her line of dialogue twice so I will go back to the edit and take that bit of dialogue out so it is only heard once. The feedback that Chris gave me was very helpful, the feedback I received was:
  • The sound of the manager walking with the high heels is problematic
  • The last 10 seconds of the film needs trimming and making sure that Alf's reaction is seen after the lady has shouted out of the front door to him

Overall, I am happy with the feedback that I received and I am going to start re-editing using the feedback that I received as soon as I can. The lesson was focused on going through all of the comedy edits and after listening to everybody's feedback as well as my own feedback, I have a lot of ideas that I am looking forward to changing in my final cut of the film.






No comments:

Post a Comment