Wednesday 13 March 2013

Rock Climbing Documentary - Finishing off Renaming (13/03/13)

Today, I finished off renaming the clips on all of the tapes that that myself and Lewis needed to get on with the rough cut of our project. I used the same way of renaming the clips that I had previous used when I started renaming them all and also colour coded the files as I went along, using the same colour coding key that I set up when I started renaming.

I noticed on one of the tapes, there were a lot of shots that were very short, being able 1-2 seconds long in total, and a lot of the takes on this tape were bad takes due to the climber falling off the rocks a lot of the time. I used the colour red a lot on this tape so when it comes to looking at the footage on this tape, I know where all of the bad takes are and won't need to look at them again.


Finally, after getting all of the footage renamed, I labelled the bin names to suit what the footage was inside the bin and then created a copy of the timeline that we had been given and renamed it with today's date so that I knew when I start it. I would like to create a duplicate of the timeline every time I edit to make sure that if anything goes wrong, I will always have a backup of the timeline.



No comments:

Post a Comment