Monday 11 March 2013

Visit England & Blacks 2013 TV Advert


I saw this advert on TV and it instantly caught my attention. The element that caught my attention was the use of the fast cuts. Blacks is an outdoor clothing company (e.g. Walking clothes, running clothes) and some outdoor activities that they sell clothing for can be seen as extreme.

In the advert we see a group of people going on a walk through the countryside, encountering various obstacles such as sheep in the middle of the path they are trying to get past. We also see another story of a man running through the countryside and also see another man hiking through the countryside. The use of the quick cuts worked very well, especially showing the quickness of the man running through the countryside.

I also liked the use of the voiceover in the advert. There wasn't much said throughout the piece but what was said was very effective, for example the man said 'England's waiting, live life outdoors', I thought this was very well done and was a good phrase to end on, trying to get more people to take part in outdoor activities and getting them to buy equipment for that activity form Blacks.

The final element that I thought was good was the way that you never properly see somebody's face long enough to see it in detail, and a lot of shots don't show the person's face at all or it is seen from a distance. I believe this was done so that the person watching the advert wouldn't see somebody else doing the sports, but they could see themselves because there wasn't a face on screen for them to be watching.

Overall, I thought the advert was very successful as it grabbed my attention straight away and I didn't take my eyes off the TV until it had finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment